The Norris PTO sponsors various events, activities and programs throughout the school year and we couldn’t do it without the support of the PTO volunteers. You can volunteer to be on an event planning committee or just sign up for an hour. Interested in photography or design? Are you an excellent organizer or perhaps crafty and creative? We could use your help!
Fundraising – This committee handles everything that the PTO sells or collects to bring in money for the school. Examples include:
- Choose and Manage Fall and Spring Fundraisers
- Norris Spirit Store
- Help with Box Tops, HyVee Receipts, Our Family Labels, and Campbell’s Label Programs
- HyVee Coupon Book Sales
- Spirit Wear and Original Work Sales and Distribution
- Brainstorm New Fundraising Possibilities
Publications – This committee handles the publication of the Norris Buzz Book student directory and the Norris yearbook. Opportunities available include:
- Photography, Graphics, and Layout Design for Yearbook
- Yearbook Sales and Distribution
- Buzz Book Compilation and Distribution
Staff Hospitality – This committee is responsible for the recognition of Norris staff. You can help with:
- Procuring Bids and Organizing Parent/Teacher Conference Meals
- Planning Activities, Decorations, and Gifts for Staff Appreciation Week
- Communications with Parents and Students regarding Staff Appreciation Ideas
Events: – This committee is responsible for selecting a Fall and Spring event, as well as organizing and managing all events sponsored by the Norris PTO. Opportunities available:
- Event Planning
- Volunteer Organization
- Selection of Dates, Activities, Vendors, Prizes, etc.
- Ticket Distribution and Family Communication
- Procuring Donations from Local Businesses
If you are interested in volunteering for one of our committees or events, please print out the Volunteer Form found on the Forms page and return it to school. You can also complete the Contact Form below or send an email expressing your interest.